1. Good evening and welcome to today’s episode of #adamandeve. Do remember to invite your friends to follow the conversation.
2. Today we are going to talk about a sensitive topic: HOW TO CHOOSE A SPOUSE. I wish I could say there is a formula.
3. I really wish i could tell you there is a formula but OH NO! There are but only guidelines
4. Choosing the right spouse is critical to a successful relationship/marriage. Like as building a house, foundation is important.
5. If foundational issues are not addressed early, they are very difficult, if not impossible to correct.
6. Who you marry will hugely influence the direction of your life. A partner will either amplify your potential or practically stunt it
7. Solomon with all his wisdom was led astray due to wrong choice of spouse. Who you choose to marry reflects your level of wisdom.
8. Who you choose to marry is also important because the closest people to you influence your decision & also alter your destiny
9. If the choice of spouse is so important you then wonder why the hurry and desperation in all corners
10. One reason for wrong choice is DESPERATION to find someone willing to be in their lives without considering other factors.
11. Some are desperate to leave their parents’ house due to pressure from their parents. Others are because of age.
12. One key thing about desperation is, it makes you settle with what is not necessarily the best.
13. Desperate people have a tendency to excuse their choice and compromise vital values with the theory of “half bread is better”
14. I must say our culture promotes desperation, as single people are seen as incomplete or that “something is wrong”
15. Another reason for wrong choice is FEAR. Fear that “who is to marry me” makes some involve with the wrong person.
16. Fear paralyzes initiative. A lot of great guys have had their dream girls whisked away due to fear & have to settle for another.
17. When you live in fear, what is feared is likely to happen to you.
18. Choosing whom to marry is tough because it’s an emotional, logical and spiritual decision.
19. Where most people choose wrongly is when they allow emotions to overshadow logic.
20. They have tendencies to say things like “I know he’ll change”. Such choices underestimate the flaws of the partner.
21. Emotional choice of spouse focuses on external and gives little consideration for internal. Good packaging, but no content.
22. My friend, before you fall for that package of handsome guy or sexy lady will you please check for content of the person?
23. I have seen very impressive guys but also irresponsible. I have met honey-drop skinned girls but that’s all they have to offer.
24. When choosing who to marry or date, it must not be just an emotional thing but also logical and spiritual.
25. You must go beyond the physical to compatibility – do we share same values? How long can we spend together just talking.
26. Hot body, No pimple, Nice shape ONLY, does not make a good wife. Range rover, six pack, tall, dark & handsome doesn’t mean a good husband.
27. Sings in the choir, Pastor loves him, hallelujah brother or sister doesn’t always mean a nice wife or husband.
28. You must make up your mind not to be carried away by the exterior, interior counts.
29. In summary, the exterior or packaging of a guy/lady is what always attracts but interior and values are what sustain a marriage.
30. Don’t buy the product just because it is nicely packaged but because it is nicely packaged and comes with great content.
31. I will like to answer the first five questions about our discussion for today.
32. If you have a nicely-packaged-with-great-content spouse, you can take this medium to give a shout out.
33. That will be all for tonight, Thank you for joining in. Do remember to RT, comment and ask questions. Good evening.
Extracted from Pastor Bolaji Idowu’s (@pastorbolaji) #adamandeve series on twitter and I think you should follow him.
Info: #adamandeve series is live, every Thursday @ 5:30pm Nigerian time, on his TL (@pastorbolaji)