1.Good evening, it’s another Thursday and it’s always a pleasure to share on twitter on #adamandeve
2. If you know anyone that needs to be hearing this, do invite them to follow the conversation it will be helpful.
3. We have been talking about choosing a spouse which has been really insightful, if you missed it kindly read up on my timeline.
3. We have examined the place of Value, Vision and Content in making a choice of spouse and we will take it up from there.
4. In choosing a spouse, one of the foremost steps is to watch out for baggage from previous relationships
5. Most people go into a relationship with baggage from their past, which includes, but not limited to hurts, heartbreaks and pain.
6. Relationship baggage makes it difficult for one to receive love from their partner even though he wants to
7. Baggage from the past makes it difficult to reciprocate love.
8. Dating people with emotional baggage is a hard task, as they make it difficult to love them.
9. Before you go into a new relationship you must ask yourself “am I ready? Have I let go of any threat from my past?”
10. When you have undealt hurts, It plays out in the current relationship.
11. People that have such emotional hurt are incapable of loving to capacity
12. Five signs to identify people with emotional baggage: There is a thirst for revenge if possible.
13. They talk a lot about their past relationship and hurt.
14. They are always suspicious of everything and everyone even in a new relationship
15. They find it hard to love genuinely in new relationship.
16. Sometimes they hide and never want to reveal how they really feel.
17. Quality of a relationship is a function of the individuals in it. The more emotionally balanced they are, the satisfying
18. People with emotional baggage hurt their partner big time without cause.
19. There is something about hurting people that makes them hurt others especially those who love them.
20. Sometimes behind the pretty face and lovely body is a deeply hurting and broken heart.
21. Maybe you are falling in love with a hurt person what do you do? First thing isput aside the feeling and address the hurt
22. Help the person to open up & talk about the hurt, talk to someone who is experienced in counseling and trusted
23. Personally, I think it is unwise to start another relationship immediately after a break up. It is not advisable
24. When hurting, you find everyone who offers solace attractive
27. Now, it is often to see break ups as February 14 approaches. Commitment separates men from boys.
28. Anyone that can’t be committed to you in a relationship cannot be committed in marriage.
29. Ask yourself this sincere question, the person you are dating, does he or she make you happy?
30. Some people stay in a relationship out of fear of “I won’t find any better than Him”
31. The saying “half bread is better than none” is not applicable in relationship
32. If while dating, you have half trust in me when you are married you’ll have none
33. Ladies, sometimes you have to let go of the good to get the better.
34. If a guy/lady cannot commit to you after a reasonable period of being together, TAKE A WALK!
35. It is unimaginable to see people who have been engaged for 7 years. Do you want her to become LORD of the RING?
36. Commitment offers a sense of being part of a team, a desire for a future together and a desire to sacrifice for each other.
37. Not being committed carries great consequences, the greatest of which is relationship failure.
38. This weekend @harvestersng and @HICCIsland I will be teaching a powerful series that will make relationship and marriages better.
39. It will be great to see you there. Thank you for joining me tonight, hope to see you on Sunday #adamandeve
Extracted from Pastor Bolaji Idowu’s (@pastorbolaji) #adamandeve series on twitter and I think you should follow him.
Info: #adamandeve series is live, every Thursday @ 5:30pm Nigerian time, on his TL (@pastorbolaji).
Check here every weekend for fresh #adamandeve series or subscribe to posts by following my blog. Feel free to drop your comments too. I am passionate about making you see how to better your relationship/marriage.